Saturday, December 4, 2010

A different kind of Friday

This is a bit late, but to me it's worth writing about.
First off, I was a bit risky with my picture taking yesterday.  I felt the need to test my limits, taking photos of people/things that are just regular everyday things.  The things that nobody in their right mind take photos of, which naturally throws people off (and often times prompts the classic "are you in a photo class?" question).

And by the way, I am in a photoshop class, and that does NOT count.
I take photos for fun, and I (as you can see through my blog) take photos of my life, and life as I see it on a daily basis.  That includes the bums on the street, the friends I hangout with, etc.

I learned this: Do not take photos of druggies.  They don't like that.
And, when in doubt, tell people you ARE in a photo class. That solves everything..
Also, if you have the urge to take a candid photo, do it and explain only if you have to. The less words the better, and always smile.  Don't feel obligated to have a conversation either..
Here are my people related candid shots of the day!

Not bad eh?
Oh, and for the record I asked for this one, and the guy on the right told the guy on the left that it was for a photo class (which I did not say that at all), but he kept telling his buddy (and other store employee) something about photo class and waved me on to take the photo. haha 

Then my candid shot.. haha Coca-Cola delivery in action.
As you can see my shutter speed was low, but I blame that on the indoor lighting, and I didn't have time to jack up the ISO and shutter speeds. I am getting faster at guessing the ballparks on the settings before going into the situation.  (this shot isn't the type you can say "hey buddy, my lighting was bad, can I bother you by asking you to reload those cases of soda?")

A friend I saw in the parking lot.

Testing out the tricylce! so classic :)

So, this photo was risky, but I wanted it (and got it).  I was promptly asked not to take photos, and at that point I jumped into the nearest vehicle (which was fortunately Terra's mom's SUV.. I had to hide or else!)
I didn't want to get jumped or something
Again, one of those one shot deals.. and, another poor lighting shutter speed combo.  I will master these photos one day! Practice makes perfect. haha 



No comments:

Post a Comment