Thursday, December 2, 2010

Community Band


Tonight we had our final rehearsal for the Christmas concert that we have this Saturday and Sunday.  It always sneaks up on me, being the first weekend in December!  This year I have started my Christmas celebration early, having listened to Christmas 102.1 since the week before Thanksgiving.  I am determined to be able to sing along to all my favorite Christmas carols.  This might sound absurd, but what else am I supposed to do?  I miss being around friends, and since my car only has a radio I've decided to make the most of this "joyous season" by taking on a more positive mind set for the upcoming Christmas season.  By the time Christmas rolls around I'll be a Christmas carol champ!  It's a bummer though how like half the songs are about wanting loved ones home for the holiday, and the only loved one I had is in Finland.  It's pretty crazy Kayla's been gone since August, and it's even crazier that she's living in Finland where it's like literally 12 degrees max during the day.  She got to visit Lapland this week, which for those of you who have no clue what that is, it's the Northernmost region of Finland. In Finland it is also considered the traditional home to Father Christmas (Joulupukki).  
Yea, I didn't even know that.  So instead of visiting cow farms she can visit reindeer farms! Good stuff! I wish I had a photo to prove my point.  (This shall suffice)

Okay.. back to my evening.. Band was nice.  For the first half of the night the chorus rehearsed, so I took photos! I went upstairs for some nice photos to give a new perspective.  I am satisfied with my results, totally captured what I was looking for.  Here are a few.  Oh, and I was quite surprised at how accommodating the staff were!  It just goes to show you you can never shoot down a situation based on your own preconceived ideas of what others would say or do.  At first, after standing in the corner wishing I could get a shot down the middle (right where all the workers were) I formed all these sentences in my head thinking of all the ways I could ask for a photo.. After waiting and making eye contact with one of the girls I walked over to her and asked.  To my surprise she let me walk around the whole area and even asked the Sound Booth guy if he minded his pic taken!  Lucky me!! I got the best shots I could have wanted!  I spent a good 15 minutes down there, so I was very pleased with my luck.
Here's that down the center shot I wanted so bad!

And, even better, I got to see the view from the sound board! 

And now I pushed my luck enough to get artistic with the given situation, managing to get this really sweet angle that allows you to imagine what it would be like working the sound board
That shot is by far my favorite shot of the evening. 
(by the way, if you like any of the photos you can click on them and see them full size!)

Then it was my turn to play, and we ran through the songs.  I snapped a few photos.  A Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite song of the concert! Here's the music :)


Okay, here's the section! 

I am excited for the concerts this weekend, and I'm glad that I only have about two weeks of school left.  Time to kick it in gear and focus on those final tests.  So close!  Let the weekend begin! 

This chair was screaming at me for a picture, so I took one. haha I actually like it!

Oh, and to kill some more time I had some fun with this chair.  I got Andrew (who is naturally goofy) to pose for me..







No comments:

Post a Comment