Sunday, July 10, 2011

Boating on Lake Oroville

Today my family went on the lake with our boat.  The only different thing was since dad wasn't feeling well, mom and I ended up doing the driving.  I hardly ever get to drive the boat, which is understandable.. but still, today I got to drive TO the lake then drive the boat ON the lake!  Quite exciting for me.  I didn't hit anyone on the road, nor did I ram anyone or anything on the lake.  Actually the whole process was quite pain free, aside from minor (and major) sunburns!  Sunscreen that "works in water" is overrated.. it "works" but then really it doesn't.  Not all sunscreen lasts in water, and no matter how much you apply you're bound to burn!  

All in all, I had a blast on the lake!  It was a great time spent with my family, girlfriend and sister's boyfriend.  
Here are some cool pictures from today's adventure. 

Ashley and I tubing!! 

Ashley and I hangin' out on the boat (:

 Here are us kids after lunch 
Mom too.

I got to drive the boat!!

Russell got the hang of skis pretty fast! I've got a few shots of him falling though! 

And he's about to hit the water!

And for my sister, she tried to water ski today.. It takes a lot of tries, and right here is the look of determination (: Hang on sis! haha

All in all, a great day on the lake.  The water felt amazing, sunburn not so amazing.
Food was great, family and friends was great too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment