Saturday, July 9, 2011

Consistency or Variety?

I'll ask you, since I'm in a blogging mood.. (thus blogging here)

What do you prefer?
Consistency or Variety?  This question is aimed at things online.. such as websites, social networks or even blogs like this..
For example, one day I get on myspace and all the sudden the title is [My___ ] and the layout is (I kid you not) radically different.  Want to know how fast I left that site?.. within minutes..

And when Facebook makes changes, it's quite minor.. (A smart move), plus things like the Facebook logo are things that shouldn't be changed.. why?  Well because we make the mental association with the symbols, shapes and colors.. etc. yada yada..

I guess what I'm getting at is, should I keep my bog title eternally the same?  And the same for my "picture strip" beneath the title?  Is the "consitency" better so each time you go view a blog post, you can surely rely that you're looking at THE Anthony Ferretti's blog spot?  As for the picture, wouldn't some variety be nice, since all in all you keep coming back for more posts it would be nice to see something different than the same blasted picture!

As for variety, I like variety.. it's the "spice of life"..  Somewhere in here is the balance between the two, that's what I'll shoot for.  If you did in fact read this, feel free to add your input!  Comment on here or Facebook! (:

By the way, my latest title is from my most played song on iTunes.. fair enough right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2lav8rqK4Y#t=00m30s Now enjoy.. (:

-Night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment