Thursday, July 7, 2011

Avocados

Avocados are so delicious.
I could eat them all the time!  In moderation that is.. I had a chicken sandwich with avocado, bacon, cheese and tomato on it.  Talk about eating good, dang it was good!!  Since I love avocados so much, I think I'm going to do some research.. and I will get back and post what I found out.

Well well well, I found out that California produces 90% of the nation's avocado crop, and San Diego is the biggie where 60% of California's avocados are grown.  Now that we can be proud of our home state produce, lets move on to the nutritional facts.  Avocados have no cholesterol or sodium, with only five grams of fat.  Is that healthy?  Um, sounds like it. And I'm too lazy to tell you the nutritional facts, so i'll link a page if you're interested.. (http://www.avocado.org/nutrition/)

Man they taste good on burgers!  And in burritos, on EVERYTHING!!
That reminds me of that Subway commercial, Avocados on your this sandwich, that sandwich, etc.  Then the kid says "Avocados on my cookie?"  .......  SURE!! hahaha
Yep, Subway's jumping on the Avocado band wagon.. http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/avocado/index.asp?rdr=PartnerSites:Subwaycom:Avocado:SecUnit:W5:2011

Well, I like avocados. I'd put them on a lot of things.  Kinda like Teriyaki sauce.. haha, that goes on anything too!

No comments:

Post a Comment