Monday, July 11, 2011

Celebrating 7-Eleven's Birthday

Today, July 11th, is the "Birthday" of 7-Eleven..

Creative, right? haha.. 7-Eleven is 84 years old now.  Every year they have been serving free 7.11 oz slurpees on this date.  Today I got my fair share of free slurpees from the 7-Eleven down the street.


The free slurpees are small, (fairly obvious) but nonetheless they are awesome and FREE! 

Since Slurpees are so rad, I'll share some cool facts about them.. 
  • 7-Eleven began selling them in 1967
  • They made a deal with ICEE to change the name and only sell them at 7-Elevens
  • The "Slurpee" is named after the sound made when drinking them, a term coined by Bob Stanford
They've got a bunch of good flavors, but my favorite was when they introduced the Sour Patch Kids flavor last year!  That was THE best in my opinion..  
Today I got brain freeze even off those 7 oz shots of slurpee. haha I've been told you can get rid of the brain freeze by sticking your tongue on the roof of your mouth.  I think it works too..


Cheers, and Happy Birthday 7-Eleven!

If you are still interested in a free slurpee, head on down to the nearest 7-Eleven and celebrate the occasion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment