Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Celebrating My 20th Birthday!

The day has finally come!!!!


My 20th Birthday!  I cannot even begin to express how stoked I am for my birthday.  Usually I'm not this pumped about it, but this year I am just extremely happy about everything.  The fact that I'm two decades old, no longer a teen.. who knows, the list goes on! I'm just plain stoked!!

I am so blessed, to have such a great family, such great friends, such great opportunities in my life.
I've been blessed with so many tools and opportunities to grow and flourish.  For real, over the past twenty years I've had the opportunity to travel to so many places thanks to my family.  I've also had the opportunity to participate in nearly every sport, as well as a great deal of other extra curricular activities.  Mom has introduced me to the musical side of life, which has then given me so many priceless qualities and skills.. THANKS MOM!
Thanks dad, hope I make you proud. 


Sports, it's such a huge part of my life.. and I am so thankful to be cycling, in full gear now.. being at a ripe young age of 20, on a legit team and in the P/1/2 Category.

Speaking of my team, Chico Corsa has been the best cycling experience ever.  I had been wanting to race ever since I started riding freshman year.. Then as a junior I began racing through Corsa.  I've been helped by the entire team, which has been the main reason I've made it this far moving up the categories.  Racing the the P/1/2 I've learned so much from two important team mates.  Jeff Galland and Dave Albrecht.  These two guys have taught me a whole lot, not only about cycling but just life in general.  I have been fortunate to race with them both and I can't express enough how thankful I am to have them as my mentors during races and in general. 

As for friends, I'd have to give a shout out to all my school friends, those in college and those who were my peeps back in high school.  A-Hen, Ben, Law Dawg, C-Dog, Daven, Juan, Tyler (heck, the wrestling days..) etc... the homies!
It's been pretty awesome having both Adam and Michael as neighbors, they've been also a great influence and opportunity to get out and enjoy bonding time, whether it's shooting stuff up or going on epic road trips..
As for my homies down at A-Hen's.. that place was legit and I am stoked that I got a chance to see life from that perspective..

So, back to the thoughts..
I am so thankful for my girlfriend Ashley, she has been so nice to me, very supportive, kind, encouraging and light hearted.  It's been awesome to spend a lot of my summer with her, plus we make an awesome duo if you ask  me!  Ashley rocks, enough said. (:


So right now I'm listening to some EPIC new music (found by a link provided by Tom Dowdin) on my new 32 GB 4th Gen. iPod touch!!  And literally every five seconds I hear the Facebook notification sound.. meaning people are showing the love on my wall!  Man, I've got a lot of Facebook friends! (:  Ones that stay up late too! haha ;)

Why am I so stoked about this birthday??
Well it's like that phase in my life where I'm transitioning from one big thing to another big thing.. that one big thing was Butte College.. the other big thing is Davis!
My room is immaculate, the boxes are boxed, bags packed, etc.  I am so pumped that I get to live with 2 awesome cyclists on the team, plus another awesome cyclist fan!! Not only that, but I was blessed with a great housing opportunity, great house/location..
Butte College was awesome, but I'm truly ready for Davis.. now that I'm all old and stuff, at 20, I'm finally moving out of the house.  The food was AMAZING here, mom and dad have been extremely supportive and helpful, and Christina has been great and it's nice to have the family atmosphere.  My brother's been very supportive and challenging all throughout my life.  It's been great to have the tight knit family environment that's allowed me to thrive and mature.  I don't think many families are like mine, it's hard to explain, but I'm just really glad to have it this way.
**PLUS VINCE**

Recently I've received items that I've been looking forward to purchasing for quite some time, so it's awesome that all the sudden everything's fallen into place.  I admit, I feel like spoiled all the sudden! But wait, I worked hard too, so that counts for something!

Lets see.. Now time for my semi annual update..

  • I'm 20 years old
  • Weigh 155 lbs
  • 5'10''
  • Interested in caring for my car, hanging out with friends and girlfriend, riding/racing my bike, taking photos
  • Created "Ferretti Photography", with currently 445 FB "likes" on my page (https://www.facebook.com/FerrettiPhotography), with also 348,405 views on my Flickr site (http://www.flickr.com/photos/futureprocyclist/)
  • Cat 2 Road racer (but desperately needing to train more)
  • Competed in Mt. Hood, finishing "Lantern Rouge", Nevada City and also MERCO.. yea, basically getting demolished at some big time races!  Living the dream!!! 
  • Got the bike up and running (carbon wheels, the works)
  • Fixing the car up = awesome!
  • Still living at home
  • Love music.  Especially Trance music

Let's see... that's about it at the moment!


Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! now for some Birthday pics!! (I opened gifts today since I'm camping tomorrow!)
Thanks BRO for the new laptop battery!!!!!!!! It works!!!
I even gift wrapped my iTouch from Amazon!! 
SO STOKED!


Such a beauty!!

Ahh, big present from Ashley!

The best poster EVER!!

And I got my tint done today, wow what great timing!

All in all, I am having a GREAT birthday!  Thank God for blessing me with such a great life, and thank You for blessing me with 20 years of amazing memories! More to come! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're my brother! And I'm so glad your happy. I have not heard you this positive and thankful in so long! Good stuff. Keep working hard and living the dream!

    ReplyDelete