Saturday, July 9, 2011

Making money stretch... falsely..

I was trying to explain this to my girlfriend today, lets see if writing it makes more sense..

So, have you ever done this?  You make money, both in the past and future.. And of course you've got things you want to get.. The money justifies the spending, right?  "I can buy those $100 Nikes because this week I made $40 for mowing the neighbors lawn, and I made $10 from ..... " AND I'll make another $50 for mowing next week, etc.."
That sounds great so far, right? Make $100 for the $100 shoes that you'll buy.

Well here's the problem I'm getting at.. Next week you'll start the cycle of reasoning over again, saying for another 'wanted item', "I can buy that _____ because this week I made $40 for mowing the neighbors lawn, and I made $10 from ..... "

but WAIT one second!! That was the same $50 that was for "last week!", now you're stretching the $50 over two weeks!

End result?  A credit card bill twice as large as your bank account (:   Haha, I try to avoid this, however it's so easy to do when you're mentally trying to calculate how you're going to pay for what..

No comments:

Post a Comment