Saturday, January 15, 2011

Colorado! (Day Three)

The trip just keeps going! I can't believe the sites I am seeing here!  We woke up and it was super cold out, but clear! Here's a shot from my balcony at our Motel 6 in Grand Junction, CO.
Now, from here we drove to the Colorado National Monument which was conveniently located about 5 minutes from where we stayed the night.  Here are some photos of the senic drive inside the park.  Fortunately we got in free as part of the MLK weekend!
The skies mixed with the red rock and snowy rock formations made for excellent viewing! (and photographs!)


Going through tunnels! Always fun



Michael writing his name in the snow on the ledge (outdoing someone else who was previously there).


Cool bushes on the ledge of the canyon.



Being in the snow reminds me of Kayla in Finland! (I'm still getting used to the cold weather here!)
Hi Kayla!!! :D haha this one's for you!




These photos are at Cold Shivers Point.  We then drove over to the other side of the park to see the famous Independence Monument.


The drive out of the park.

Now on to the other end of the park, here are some photos!
Mike and I in front of Independence Monument! (on the left)

And again, posing with the monument.

A photo Michael took with my camera, and looking through my photos tonight at the hotel this one jumped out at me.  I love the contrast of everything.. It's just absolutely impressive.



Having fun on Otto's Trail that overlooked the monument. 




(another photo Michael took)

Now on to Dillon, CO!
Here are photos from the drive there.





I fell asleep and woke up in the "mountains" of Colorado! I've been waiting to see these!




Here in the town at a park! This is a frozen pond! So awesome

Enjoying life in Colorado! This trip is amazing.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Independence Monument looks sweet. Your pics are incredible (especially the one you liked)! There were so many snow covered trees (which I love seeing) on that Colorado mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Thanks bro, and it was really nice to see these sights in the Winter!

    ReplyDelete