Saturday, January 22, 2011

Colorado! (Day Eight)

This morning we drove on over to Vail, Colorado to go snowboarding!  It was a nice (long) drive over, with skies clearing by the time we reached our destination.  After getting ripped off with $25 parking, we made our way on over to the slopes!  This place was expensive, but well worth it!  This place was HUGE!! I can't even begin to tell you how huge this place was! The chairlift ride up to the first stop was like 5 minutes, then ANOTHER ride to another mountain top!  This place made any other ski resort I've been to look like a kiddy park.  Oh, and let me tell you about the weather!  FANTASTIC!  Blue skies, and lots of powder!  I believe they had just received 15 inches of powder that night.  It was quite an experience! (nice when you happened to fall, didn't even feel it).  I'll post some pictures of the drive over, and some while snowboarding :)


That doesn't look good..

On the top of the mountain before we begin snowboarding! 

Awesome snow covered trees!!

Incredible views..

Michael getting some air!

Beautiful contrast with the snow and sky!




At the top, untouched snow!

Me snowboarding!



Down one of the runs..

powder!

Amazing views! 

It was an incredible, enjoyable time snowboarding at Vail.  I can now say I've snowboarded this season, and in Colorado! :) Awesome..

No comments:

Post a Comment