Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Colorado! (Day Four)


Today we rolled out of bed and drove to Breckenridge where Michael hit the slopes for a while.  It was snowing this morning, and the snow picked up quite a bit while Michael was snowboarding.  I decided to do some exploring to find some photos in the forest with the snow.  I managed to get a few good shots, and it was cool to see all the trees so close together!  I had been advised to use snow shoes, but since I didn't have any I made do.  If you got off the path (where people could cross country ski), the snow was literally above your knees, it was quite a workout.  The snow picked up, and when I got out of the forest, the snow was coming down pretty good!  I waited for Michael to come back, and while I waited I took some pictures of people coming down the mountain. It looked pretty fun out there. 


Here's my hike..  







And the snow that was picking up when I got back from the forest.






Enjoying the gondola ride up and down the mountain.



Ski Patrol




Then we drove to our timeshare at Steamboat Springs.  The snow started coming down pretty hard while we drove on over. 




We passed over the continental divide! How awesome!

oops.. 

They plow these roads driving like 30! Crazy.. 

wind blowing the fresh snow all over the road..


Here's the place we will be staying at for the next 4 days!


My room is huge! Two beds!!

The outdoor hot tub!



Outside of Michael's room

Michael's room

huge spa bathtub thing!

This place is huge!

Even the halls look cool!

My view for the trainer.. on the porch, 3rd floor!

So awesome!!









2 comments:

  1. Does sound like quite the workout, but nice pics. Looks like quite the hook-up for your timeshare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the best hook up! A great time spent in CO.

    ReplyDelete