Saturday, August 27, 2011

Under The Weather

For the record, this has to do with health related stuff.. like infections. haha so don't get mad.  My whole point about this is how such a simple thing can ruin an entire week!
It's crazy how health related issues can really throw a speed bump in people's lifes.  Possibly change them drastically, but not in my case..

Well, since for the past few days I've been feeling under the weather, I feel like I'd rather clear my mind of this.

First off, I've felt sick for a week now.  With blowing noses, stuffed nose. etc.  (not fun but not too bad)

Then, lets see.. I shaved last Thursday (only mentioning this because apparently the infections can be caused through small cuts), and then for some odd reason I got an irritation.  That was considered razor burn, folliculitis, take your pick.  But I have come to realize it's worse.. and the problem is that it got more and more swollen, with the pain taking over the surrounding area.  I kid you not, it hurt to move my leg.  Walking hurt, running was out of the question, and cycling, yea that hurt too.. right on the muscle.

The thing is, I have been reading all these things online about symptoms of whatever, and having read one that said: "Fever, nearby tissues not functioning properly, etc" were all these things that I had been feeling.

Yesterday I felt horrible, I felt so bad that after work and lunch I laid down for a couple hours because I felt bad.  It takes a lot to get me laying down voluntarily, but yesterday was pretty bad.  Then this morning I couldn't bear the pressure and pain, so I relieved that fortunately.  Talking to my friend today he said yea, you should get that lanced rather than whatever you are doing.  Many Facebook friends have come to the rescue, as well as my team mate and doctor.  I am beginning to think that this whole infection thing is a bigger deal than I thought.  Oh, and I started taking some antibiotics, maybe that'll do the trick.


Let's see.. I guess what I wanted to say about all this is, it's quite amazing how something like this infection can cripple me.  I am used to being on the go, always able to do everything.. almost wondering why other people wouldn't be able to do the same in a given situation.  But all the sudden, with this going on, it makes walking (such a simple thing) a hard task.  I don't like walking past a mirror, seeing my posture all out of wack as I'm favoring the painful knee.  I was amazed at how my entire quad muscle started hurting, possibly from the infection as well.  I mean really, the legs that I race with are giving out on me, NOT SO FAST!  I will be better in no time, it's just a bummer to miss this weekend's racing.  Even though I wasn't in good shape, I was willing to give it a shot.. But with all this pain going on and leg muscle issues, I do not think so.  I do not need another whooping by the P-1-2 at Vacaville..

TIME TO GET BETTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment