Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Skating Anyone?

Today I chilled at Andrew's and Christians.. It was funny because all the sudden when I show up there is like four or five new people there that are new to me.  I guess I'm not the "only" one that pays visits (aside from Debbie).  Not a bad thing though, that place is poppin'!

The latest was a kid named Eddy (?) and he was there two times in a row, so I take it he's a regular now.
The funny thing was, he would just chime into my conversations giving me advice about whatever..

What I'm getting at is, I have a photo of him skating.  Christian and he went skating in the street and I decided to bust out my camera.  As much as I'd love to be doing the sport, the next best thing is getting down and dirty taking some sweet shots.  I can't skate, but I sure didn't mind getting down on the ground for some awesome angles.  I'll give them all the credit for busting the moves, but I'll take some credit for capturing the moment (:
My main point is, since I'm not pursuing photography as a career, I will continue to take photos out of my love for photos/capturing the moment.  It's been a GREAT way to spend time with friends as well as hook people up with some nice photos.

Now for some photos that I like! (And yes, these are on Facebook.. so if you've already seen these, bear with me)

This picture I like because there's more to it than the board flying in the air with feet spread out..
Plus, it takes flexibility to grab the board below you. 

Another favorite of mine, I feel like it could qualify for a poster since you can see his face in addition to the angle of the shot.  Preferably not with all the street wire overhead and distracting fences and what not.  Nonetheless a decent shot! Plus his shoes stand out. (good shoe choice)

This shot I thought was interesting due to the detail in the photo.  I do believe that's sweat spinning off the board, Christian was working quite a bit out there in the heat.  I give him props for cooperating with me for the photos.. Plus again, the shoes look good in the black and white contrast. 

Last but not least.  I liked this photo because I caught the face of the board (ideal pic), and also it has a colorful design.  It's not entirely grinded to pieces so that made for a decent picture.  Also, I like the form of the trick, not to mention the angle of the photo.  This was also the first time I've angled my watermark.  I just felt that the watermark flowed a lot better with the diagonal shadows!  (I think you'd agree).

Other than that, I would like to mention again how much I love taking action photos!!!

Here are more pictures if you just couldn't get enough of these. (: 



No comments:

Post a Comment