Monday, August 22, 2011

Decisions...

Like my grandpa once told me, "Life is nothing more than making decisions."

And once again, here I am faced with a decision.  My neighbor Adam came over today which meant one of two things, he wanted food or we needed to talk. (sure there are more than just those two things..)
But yes, we needed to discuss the Labor Day Weekend plan that involved the Tinman Triathlon.

Due to our late start in (and lack of) training, we have recently decided NOT to participate in the triathlon.
Instead, we shall enjoy the weekend in Shasta like regular folk.  I plan on bringing the bike, possibly riding up Mt. Shasta, something I had always wanted to do!  The fact that I'm not competing has lowered my stress level a great deal, as well as cut out some more free time!

As far as decisions go, I'd like to lay some stuff out.
Why have I not ridden my bike much this summer?
Because I made the decision to fix up my car, the decision to work in order to get money to finance my summer spending.  The decision to spend a great deal of time with my girlfriend, the decision to connect up with friends, as well as drive around town and everywhere in my nice car..
The decision to take a break from getting my butt kicked at every major P/1/2 race that I showed up to.
The decision to focus on the upcoming shift from living in Oroville to living in Davis while attending a prestigious university.

So far, I feel like I've made good decisions.. I'm talking about the big decisions, not the smaller ones like getting drunk or not, but big ones like riding a bike or working, or spending time with family and friends vs. riding bikes..

Enough said, I'm ready to move to Davis, I'm ready to enjoy a good weekend in Shasta.. I'm ready for my future!  We'll see how I feel once I actually start taking classes at Davis (:

No comments:

Post a Comment