Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baseball & Softball

Having taken photos for both Softball and Baseball, I am going to make a few comments based on observations.

The fields are smaller for softball.  This is convenient for photos.  However, not so convenient because I can't be inside the field since it's so small!  (A bit hectic too I'd say).  Also, the game is much faster.  I'm not sure why yet. (other than the fact that there is less distance traveled for everything like softballs, players running, throwing, etc)  The girls games are much louder.  Hey, that's softball though!  Baseball, it's interesting how the guys have their chants and things they say to encourage team mates.  Whatever works, right?  For softball, it was super challenging shooting behind the fence if I was trying to track the ball once it was hit into play.  My best bet for photos was to focus on one spot (usually the pitcher or hitter) and make that the sweet spot for most all the photos.




 I couldn't track the ball as it was thrown to 1st base for a few reasons.. One, it's hard to line up the camera with the fence holes, and secondly the dugout would be in my way depending on where I was situated.  That, and the fence isn't easy to shoot through at an angle rather than head on.  Fortunately for the baseball games I could be inside the field next to the players.  I liked that because things were more personal, I felt more a part of the team rather than some distant observer trying to take photos.  



I am dedicating all of tomorrow to photos.  I must work on photos!  Plus, I've got a photo shoot coming up.  I'm pretty pumped about that, plus the weather should be great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment