Friday, March 4, 2011

MERCO Cycling Classic, Stage 2: ITT

*Please note, I don't know why the pictures didn't load all the way on this page.  If you click on them they will open up larger in a new page. You can view them there!

Today I felt great!  I didn't think I'd feel so good having previously beaten myself up in the first stage.  We grabbed some food this morning at Denny's, then made our way to the course by 11.  We drove the course which helped me a lot to visualize what to expect.  Warming up as usual, all the fun stuff before the race.  We had our numbers pinned down the back (as shown below).

My skinsuit..

And Jeff sporting his skinsuit. 

Maggie got ready for her race, she was the first to start for the women's race today. 



 

Now, check out my bike! This thing looks like an aero beast! Dave said it was born to be fast, and I totally agree! The aero frame and all, it makes for a great road-TT bike. 


and..

As for my time trial, I felt fantastic like I mentioned earlier.  I started out great, went up the hills great, flew down the downhill part to the turnaround.  I was pleased to note that both the 30 second and 1 minute riders behind me hadn't caught me!  I grinded my way back up the hill on the way back and put it in full gear as I saw the 1 minute rider ahead of me in the distance!

 I hauled all the way down the hill and flew into the finish line.  The funny thing was, I kept getting my Km countdown signs mixed up! I thought the 3km was the 2 km sign, I psyched myself out there, and THEN after the 2 km sign I thought it would show the 200 meter sign. False alarm again, I had 1 km to go! (sure, there's a large difference from 200 m and 1 km, but after riding that hard I just wanted to see the finish!)  I rode strong and got a decent 28'41'', finishing 81st! (Moving up from 99th to 98th overall!)  As for the rest, I'll post the results below.  I am pleased with today's efforts, and I am getting more and more excited for tomorrow's crit! 
We ate Mexican food tonight, man those "Big burritos" were awesome and the tostada I got as well! Now, time for some sleep.  It feels weird that it's only a Friday night.. I am so beyond tired, and I'm in the Lobby using the internet while checking on the results. 

Stage 2 results:
54.  ALBRECHT David Chico Corsa .27'20"490   2'33" 
81.  FERRETTI Anthony Chico Corsa .28'41"880   3'54"  
99.  GREWAL Alexi International Christian Cycling Club .29'23"940    4'36  (for kicks)
101.  GALLAND Jeffrey Chico Corsa .29'25"050    4'38

And, for the women!
19.  MYERS Lindsay Chico Corsa .30'37"530   3'59"  
46.  JONES Margaret Chico Corsa .33'42"030   7'04"  

That's all folks, and the overall results, ehh, I'll post them after tomorrow's criterium.
Now, for the heck of it, there are some beastly riders! Bissell Cycling team, these right here finished 1-2-3 yesterday in the first stage.
Paul Mach, 11th with a time of 25'35''

Ben Jacques-Maynes, 3rd at 25'07''

and the leader after stage 1, 
Robert Britton, 7th at 25'19''


Alright, I'm out of here!
See ya tomorrow, and have a great and safe weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment