Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Game Plan

Let the weekend begin!!

I officially submitted my essay application for the UC Davis Alumni Scholarship.  I'm pretty pumped, I feel great about it!  And, I'm pumped because I'm not wasting my life away on Facebook!  And, next week I have a photo shoot on Wednesday.  We finally found a day that works, not to mention the weather turning out. (10 day forecast says partly cloudy at 67 degrees).. Let's hope it stays that way.  I had to pull a few strings to make this work.  I'm risking a "quiz" in the ONE class I'll be missing to do this, BUT, like a responsible student, I emailed my teacher ahead of time to see what could be done.  Worst comes to worst, we do the photo shoot in the "later" afternoon.  But, on the bright side, that's when the light is "ideal".. Thank goodness for the time change, it's light later these days! (Now if we could just have some nice weather!)

Alrighty.  Photo business getting back into gear, I like this!  Speaking of photos, I'm getting really close to the finishing steps of April's photos!  (let's not forget we took the photos almost a month ago).  However, in this special case, I'm taking extra care to edit and choose wisely.  I have a feeling the people who see these photos will be more or less influenced to want to have their photos done by me. (All depending on how these look).  Plus, I want to do a good job on them.  (like always.  I am guaranteed going to end up spending hours to fix the littlest things to make these photos turn out).  Sure you could argue it's not worth my time if you divide the money by the time spent on the job.  But, to me it's not all about the money.  This is art!  These are pictures that mean a whole lot more to the person who's in them than they do to me!  And, with that in mind, I like these pictures a LOT! Rather than it being an "assembly" line process, I'm taking my time with the portrait photos.  The sports photos on the other hand, I know how to edit those relatively fast with a great turnout rate. (lighting, color, contrast and all the necessary adjustments)

On a "current" note.  The weather was CRAZY today.  Winds were insane, the rain was not very nice to go with those brutal winds.. Lots of things blown away/knocked over.  I am glad to see that by the afternoon the bulk of the storm had passed.  I pity any cyclist who had to ride in that weather today!!

On an "old" note, I'm going to dig up an old photo since I don't have anything new.  (I'm fresh out!) ha-ha-ha..
Oh man.. this goes back to the first day of college.  All ready to go, gloves on, Rock Racing shirt and everything!  Just had a bagel, I'm good to go! (I still LOVE bagels to this day). 

Man, I need a hair cut right now.  I kinda like that "clean shaven" look. (Even though I doubt I could even grow any facial hair then. LOL)

Well, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment