Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What Kind of Photos?

I've realized.. There's not much point in trying to be good at everything.  It takes too much darn work! And time, which I don't have much of..  So why not focus on one aspect of the thing you love and get really good at it.  And, odds are, if it's something you like enough you'll end up getting pretty good at it with relatively no pain.  Portrait photos, not my thing.  Nature photos, not my thing.  Sports photos, MY THING.

Nothing excites me more than taking a perfect action shot.  So, what does this mean?  Take more sports photos, less other photos. (That is from a purely "photography" aspect).  I love nature photos, and I love people, but trying to be "good" at it, ehh, takes too much work.  I don't have the time to hike a mile into the wilderness to take that "awesome" nature shot.  I've got a bike to ride!  I don't have the desire to take photos for people I hardly know and have them stand in certain positions, asking them to smile.. counting to three, then editing the photos in addition to having already spent time taking them!  I've got a bike to ride!  I do have the desire to pick up the camera and snap a few shots of some sporting event I might be at or wouldn't mind watching.

It's enjoyable to do such a thing, and also know I'm hookin a brother up.  Ya know what I'm saying? Plus, if the photo looks bad, I can always blame it on the subject. If you're not good at sports, that's not my fault!  When I get the chance to take photos of skilled athletes, it's a great feeling to have captured that precise moment that expresses the beauty of the sport.  Enough said, sports photography is something I truly enjoy.  But, not as much as actually participating in sporting events (such as cycling). 











No comments:

Post a Comment