Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pure Happiness

This is the first time I've watched a bike race and had that "connection".  A professional cycling event is currently in California, and today is the third stage, heading South from Auburn to Modesto.  I don't have much time these days to watch professional sporting events on T.V. or the computer.  Things such as baseball, basketball (oh and apparently it's the playoffs or something), football, and even cycling for that matter.  Oh, the Giro's going on too, but for me I'm more focused on that History packet due tomorrow, or when's the next time I'll have the chance to ride my bike.  Tonight my family went down to the folks house to watch an hour of the Tour.  Throughout today I saw Facebook status updates about the stage, and I also showed Ashley some pictures to explain more the "significance" of this race.

On a more personal note, I explained to her that I've raced with some of the teams competing in the Tour of California!  It's pretty unreal to think that I've had the chance to compete alongside (well, not quite alongside, more like behind/in the back) of these domestic professional athletes.  Teams like Bissell, Kelley Health Benefits, and team Jelly Belly!  I get to see these athletes in races from time to time, and it's really exciting to see them along side the professionals that have traveled from Europe to take part in the Tour of California.  It's quite unreal, and this is the first time I have "connected" with the whole "professional cycling" scene, watching it on T.V.  It's quite motivating, and it's really cool to feel like "hey, I can picture myself in that"..

Years before it used to be the "oh, if I had that bike, oh, if I had those cool wheels, or if I had that kind of cool jersey, etc"  I mean for real, I've got nearly everything they do if we're looking at it from a material standpoint.  I've got blingin' carbon fiber wheels, a rad Felt AR 4, SWEET team gear and an awesome team. It's really awesome to have the chance to compete in the P/1/2 level alongside some of the pros that also compete in larger races just like the Tour of California.

Really really cool if you ask me, I'm super stoked to race my bike, super stoked to watch these folks race their bikes.  It's a great moment for me in the cycling world of things.. (:

(School, finals? ehh, no biggy.  I've got cycling to keep me sane).

No comments:

Post a Comment