Thursday, June 2, 2011

Update!

Alright folks.   I'm in Hood River, Oregon. The weather is fabulous (for Oregon), not a drop of rain yet!  I'm stoked about that, plus we have this wicked view of Mt. Hood from our house.  The last few days we've been chilling here at the house, enjoying some down time before the real racing begins.  Tonight we start the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic with a three mile prologue to panorama point.  It's going to be fast, despite the brutal headwind.  I just ate lunch and found a computer in the Best Western luxurious complex here at registration.  There's no wifi at the house, but I like it actually, having the chance to chill out and now worry about other things aside from eating sleeping and riding bikes!

Tonight's race will be fast.  Tomorrow's race is going to be brutal.  I found out that most all of the racing involves hills, so that's going to be pretty dang brutal if you ask me.  I'll sure let you know how bad it really was.  I couldn't switch my cassettes to my race wheels, so for the mountain stages I'll be running the non-race wheelset which has my 11x27 cassette compared to my 12x25 cassette. 

I've been picking up on a lot of cycling related stuff, as well as food related stuff.  They like to pick on me here since I'm the youngest.  But Jeff said if they weren't picking on me that means they don't like me, so it's a good thing I guess to get picked on a bit.  Just wait till the Cat 4 riders show up tonight, then we can pick on them!  So tomorrow's course has some small hills in them along with a fatty hill that we have to do twice.  Real fatty.  Not looking forward to that.

As for now, I chill till my start time at 6:19:30 tonight. 
Lots of fun up here, I'm having a blast!!

Peace out folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment